The English Literary Society of Miranda House invites you to participate in our Annual Literary Festival, ‘Refugees: In Between Lives and Lands.’
The theme for the photography competition is, “The Inheritance of Loss”. Refugee Crisis is the most tragic reality of our times. Great uncertainty and precarity are the products of this loss of lives and lands hitherto known.
This loss though inestimable and unfathomable, desperately needs representation and delineation. The loss does not necessarily bear a negative connotation and can also be a step towards a brighter journey.
Abstraction is the basis of any art form. Hence, we hope to see you capture the essence of loss in your understanding.
So, let us reduce this distance but putting a lens in between.
Rules for the competition :
• A maximum of 4 photographs can be submitted by each participant.
• The photographs should be renamed in the format YOURNAME_number of the picture.
• Participants have to mention their name, college name, year and their contact number.
• The photographs must be the original work of the participant. Plagiarism will lead to disqualification.
• Captions are necessary. Each photograph should be accompanied with a description of the photograph.
• Basic editing in the form of Cropping, Sharpness, etc. is permitted. Highly edited photographs are not encouraged.
• Shortlisted photographs will be displayed at the exhibition in Miranda House on 21st and 22nd February 2017.
• The last date for sending your entries is 15th February.
•The competition is open to students of all colleges.
• The winners will be announced on 21st February during the Literary Festival by our esteemed judge Ahmer Khan, an independent photo-journalist who has worked with Al Jazeera, BBC, Yahoo, Hindustan Times, Huffington Post and many other publications. He will be presenting his work on Refugees in Delhi.
For Further details/queries contact :
Ifsha Zehra – 9650666070
Mahi Goyal -8449911211
Send in your entries to : firstname.lastname@example.org